Looking for an Assistant Swim Coach - Apply NOW!
Assistant Swim Coach
- A background in competitive swimming either as a coach or 5+ year swimmer and have strong communication and relationship building skills with swimmers, parents, and coaches and excellent organizational skills.
- 1+ years of coaching experience with various ages is preferred.
- 2+ years of swim instruction experience in addition to coaching preferred.
- 2+ Years’ experience working with youth preferred.
- ASCA Level 2 certification or Summer Coach Certification required prior the start of the season.
- Must have or be able to obtain USA Swimming coach certifications and pass all required background checks by required deadlines.
- Required to obtain or show proof of Lifeguard, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and First Aid certifications prior to May 1st each year.
Applicant duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Create weekly practice plans for assigned groups, emailed to head coach
- Coach swimmers to improve technique, speed, and endurance.
- Communicate with the Board, Swimmers, and Parents professionally
- Foster a positive and friendly practice environment for swimmers
- Provide each swimmer daily feedback during practice and at meets.
- Assist the Head Coach in meeting all board deadlines.
- Attend all practices, and as requested dual meets, invitationals, NVALs, and Team Events.
- Attend all scheduled meetings for coaches. Coaches are not required but are encouraged to attend all board meetings.
- Assist the Board as required with ORCA hosted dual meets and invitationals.
- Always act in the best interest of the ORCAS, USA Swim, and Sierra Nevada Swim
Depends on Employee
Mid-May through First part of August Weekday Practice, Weekend Meets
Email resume and cover letter to orcaswimn @ hotmail .com by March 1, 2022 at 5pm