Keep a look out for our 2022 schedule
Practices are typically between 4:30-8:30pm depending on number of swimmers and level of swimmers.
Level 1 - 4xWeek - 30 Minutes
Level 2 - 4xWeek - 45 Minutes
Level 3- 4xWeek - 60 minutes
Level 4- 4xWeek - 90-120 Minutes
- Arrive 10 minutes before practice, on time is late.
- This allows swimmers time to put Sunscreen, Swim Cap and Goggles on, go to the bathroom, talk to friends, etc.
- ONE piece swim suits only
- Board shorts are okay, only if they tie at the top
- Cap and goggles must be warn during practice and meets (caps not required if outside temps are over 100 Degrees)
- Sunscreen is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
- Water Bottles are a must
- Swimmers will be responsible to get their own equipment from the equipment shed and will need to return the equipment when practice is over
- No parents on the pool deck, you may sit on the bleachers.
- Check the Family Box daily
- Let the coaches coach, and the swimmers swim.
- Concerns about your swimmer: leave a note in the coaches folder to schedule a meeting with the coach.
- Questions about anything - Ask a Board Member
Items Provided by the Orcas Swim Team:
- All practice equipment
- One Swim Cap
- One Swim Team Shirt
Items PARENTS Provide:
- Practice Swim Suits (One Piece)
- Competition Suit (Optional: Check the Team Store), or solid black swim suit
- Extra Caps (Can purchase swim team ones from the Board or at Registration)
- 2 pairs of Goggles
- Water Bottle
- 1-2 Swim Towels
- Chairs for parents if needed